Rhubarb and layers of spiced, crumb topping make this delightful dessert perfect for spring. “Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream,” advises Rosie Spieth of Albion, Indiana.
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the rhubarb and sugar. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly.
- In two 10-oz. baking dishes or ramekins coated with cooking spray, layer half of the rhubarb mixture and half of the crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Crisp in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p53
Reviews for Layered Rhubarb Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review