Layered Reuben Casserole Recipe
Traditional Reuben taste-but without the bread. Sauerkraut fans will love this hearty, layered casserole shared by Agnes Golian of Garfield Heights, Ohio. TIP: Round out this meal for two with dinner rolls and a light fruit dessert.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 small tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed rye bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Place the sauerkraut in an ungreased 3-cup baking dish; sprinkle with caraway seeds. Layer with the tomato wedges, salad dressing, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Toss bread cubes and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC