Layered Reuben Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 small tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed rye bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the sauerkraut in an ungreased 3-cup baking dish; sprinkle with caraway seeds. Layer with the tomato wedges, salad dressing, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Toss bread cubes and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Casserole in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p17
Reviews for Layered Reuben Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"The only thing I changed was to use the fat free dressing."
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2009
"re" Reuben CasseroleI've been making this in the slow cooker for years with chicken breasts and french dressing. A real family favorite! About 6 hours on low."
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2009
"Could this be made in a slow cooker?"
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2009