Layered Ranch Salad Recipe
“This is a wonderful recipe that’s so easy to put together.” Spinach and greens provide the perfect backdrop for crisp bacon, hard-cooked eggs and a fantastic dressing. Suzanne Zick - Maiden, NC
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl, layer the first six ingredients in order listed. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix. Spread over salad. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup calculated with about 1-1/2 tablespoons dressing equals 229 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC