Layered Pudding Dessert
High on our list of longtime favorites, this fluffy, fruity refrigerated treat continues to hold its own against new dessert recipes.
—Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers), divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium ripe bananas, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Spread half of the crushed wafers in the bottom of a greased 8-in.
- square pan. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions;
- spoon hot pudding over crumbs. Slice one banana; place over pudding.
- Top with remaining crumbs. Chill for 1 hour. meanwhile, prepare
- gelatin according to package directions; chill for 30 minutes or
- until partially set. Pour over crumbs. Slice the remaining banana
- and place over gelatin. Spread whipped topping over all. Chill for 2
- hours. Yield: 9 servings.