- Spread into two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Combine egg yolks
- and milk; gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Cut each cake layer horizontally in half. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with a fourth of the filling. Repeat layers
- three times. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Garnish with additional
- walnuts and confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 442 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.