Layered Pesto Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- 1. Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. In another bowl, combine pesto and Parmesan cheese. Layer half of the cream cheese mixture, pesto mixture and sun-dried tomatoes in prepared bowl. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Unmold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers or pita chips) equals 116 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Layered Pesto Cheese Spread
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.