Layered Pesto Cheese Spread
Guests won't be able to pass up this unique spread. In fact, the pesto and cheese combination will have them coming back for more! —Denise Hruz, Germantown, Wisconsin
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. In
- another bowl, combine pesto and Parmesan cheese. Layer half of the
- cream cheese mixture, pesto mixture and sun-dried tomatoes in
- prepared bowl. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- Unmold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers or pita chips) equals 116 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now