- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. In another bowl, combine pesto and Parmesan cheese. Layer half of the cream cheese mixture, pesto mixture and sun-dried tomatoes in prepared bowl. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unmold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Layered Pesto Cheese Spread
Sort By :
Very easy to make- a huge hit at a football party. Great with pita chips.
This is now a family favorite! We make a few at a time, and put them in the freezer, so that we we need to take something to a party, we grab it and a bag of pita chips, ane we are ready to go!
Yummy appetizer, especially if you use homemade pesto. Sometimes I prepare the cheese base, spread on a platter adn top with cocktail sauce and cooked shrimp.
I actually lost the original recipe, so was going on memory - made it with only the sundried tomatoes, pesto & cream cheese - everyone loved it as is, but will definitely try it the way it was meant to be next time.
Simple to prepare and delicious. I substituted sun-dried tomato pesto for the tomatoes. Gone in a flash!