- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. In another bowl, combine pesto and Parmesan cheese. Layer half of the cream cheese mixture, pesto mixture and sun-dried tomatoes in prepared bowl. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unmold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forLayered Pesto Cheese Spread
"Simple to prepare.. If a large gathering, I recommend you double it. I prepared as written in a 3 c. cereal bowl lined with plastic. Served with Pita crackers. Only change was I added 1/2 c. of pine nuts to the top. Be sure to chill thoroughly before turning out onto your serving platter.. soo yummy!!"
"Very easy to make- a huge hit at a football party. Great with pita chips."
"This is now a family favorite! We make a few at a time, and put them in the freezer, so that we we need to take something to a party, we grab it and a bag of pita chips, ane we are ready to go!"
"Yummy appetizer, especially if you use homemade pesto. Sometimes I prepare the cheese base, spread on a platter adn top with cocktail sauce and cooked shrimp."
"I actually lost the original recipe, so was going on memory - made it with only the sundried tomatoes, pesto & cream cheese - everyone loved it as is, but will definitely try it the way it was meant to be next time."
"Simple to prepare and delicious. I substituted sun-dried tomato pesto for the tomatoes. Gone in a flash!"