Layered Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Recipe
My younger brother and I share a passion for candy making. This smooth and creamy fudge from a co-worker of mine features the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 2-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 tablespoon shortening over low heat; cook and stir constantly until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt the vanilla chips, the remaining peanut butter and shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 3. Spread evenly over the chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Using the foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off the foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: About 2-1/2 pounds.
1 piece: 56 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Layered Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC