"The combination of chocolate and peanut butter makes these brownies a real crowd-pleaser," writes Margaret McNeil from her home in Germantown, Tennessee. "They're so good, they won a ribbon at the fair."
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Spread remaining batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and milk on low just until combined. Carefully spread over batter. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Chill until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Brownies in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p42
Reviews for Layered Peanut Butter Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review