Layered Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
"The combination of chocolate and peanut butter makes these brownies a real crowd-pleaser," writes Margaret McNeil from her home in Germantown, Tennessee. "They're so good, they won a ribbon at the fair."
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Spread remaining batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and milk on low just until combined. Carefully spread over batter. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Chill until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC