Layered Orange Gelatin
"I reduced the calories and fat in a tangy gelatin recipe my mom gave me," explains Angie Philkill of Zeeland, Michigan. The lovely molded salad forms layers as it chills. "We especially enjoy it with ham," she adds.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain oranges,
- reserving the juice; set oranges aside. Stir juice into gelatin. Add
- cream cheese; beat until smooth. Stir in sherbet and whipped
- topping. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Top
- with oranges. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 125 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.