"I reduced the calories and fat in a tangy gelatin recipe my mom gave me," explains Angie Philkill of Zeeland, Michigan. The lovely molded salad forms layers as it chills. "We especially enjoy it with ham," she adds.
Recommended: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain oranges, reserving the juice; set oranges aside. Stir juice into gelatin. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Stir in sherbet and whipped topping. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Top with oranges. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Orange Gelatin in Quick Cooking September/October 2002 , p53
Reviews for Layered Orange Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
"I have been making this recipe for years. It tastes like an orange dreamsicle. All you hear at the table are ummmmmmmmms. Yummy!"