Layered Orange Gelatin Recipe
"I reduced the calories and fat in a tangy gelatin recipe my mom gave me," explains Angie Philkill of Zeeland, Michigan. The lovely molded salad forms layers as it chills. "We especially enjoy it with ham," she adds.
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain oranges, reserving the juice; set oranges aside. Stir juice into gelatin. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Stir in sherbet and whipped topping. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Top with oranges. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Orange Gelatin in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p53
Reviews for Layered Orange Gelatin(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
I have been making this recipe for years. It tastes like an orange dreamsicle. All you hear at the table are ummmmmmmmms. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Layered Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >