- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- Place greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of prepared pan. In another bowl, mix the coffee granules, hot water and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion; pour over crust. Stir coffee mixture into the remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Top with coffee beans if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Layered Mocha Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Cheesecake Factory has nothin on this recipe! Holy smokes! This is amazing!! Already making a second one in 2 weeks!!!"
"I've made this cheesecake a couple of times and both times its been divine. I've even baked it for the shorter (incorrect) amount of time because I didn't see the correction and it still worked (not sure how I got lucky there!)Does anyone know the role of 1/4 cup of flour, and could I substitute a gluten-free blend of some kind? Its easy to make a GF crust but I'm worried about messing with the cheesecake itself. Thanks!"
"Great recipe.....Sue is hot. I was satisfied with the food and the picture."
"WOW! I made this for the first time for Thanksgiving. Now I have a standing order to bring it for Christmas! This is absolutely the best mocha cheesecake ever. One thing to be aware of: the chocolate chips add volume to the chocolate layer, so if you want your layers even, don't quite divide the batter in half. Use a little less in the chocolate and a little more in the coffee layer. Fabulous!"