Layered Mocha Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- Place greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of prepared pan. In another bowl, mix the coffee granules, hot water and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion; pour over crust. Stir coffee mixture into the remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Top with coffee beans if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Layered Mocha Cheesecake
Sort By :
This was my first time making cheesecake (I don?t like cheesecake very much) but this was phenomenal! Super-creamy and just enough coffee flavor for a non-coffee lover. We should start calling this the Proposal Cheesecake because I too received a wedding proposal when I brought this to my office Christmas party.
I used a 10-inch springform pan and I used the Newman?s Own organic chocolate alphabet cookies like GoGoKitty recommended. All of my ingredients were room temperature before I started. I baked the cookie crust by itself for 10 minutes and then let it cool before I added the filling. I beat the cheesecake and sugar mixture for a solid 10 minutes before I added the flour and then beat it for another minute or so before I added the eggs. I used a water bath and even with the aluminum foil wrapped around the springform pan, the crust still got water in it and it got soggy. But once I let it cool on the counter and then in the refrigerator overnight before I took the springform pan off, it dried out and was properly crunchy by the time we ate it for lunch the next day. I baked the cake for 75 minutes and then I turned off the oven, opened the door and let the cheesecake sit inside the oven for an hour so the temperature would come down slowly. I found chocolate-covered coffee beans in the bulk foods section of my store.
I've made this cheesecake for the last three years as part of our New Year's Eve Feast. It is always a huge hit and even if I choose to make a different one, I have to include this one as well by popular demand. Delicious!
Can anyone tell me where can I find the chocolate-covered coffee beans? Which brand you recommend?
My son found this recipe and asked me make it for his birthday. This is by far one of the best cheesecakes I've ever tasted. If you follow the recipe, you cannot fail! Just be surethe middle is set up, which may rrequire a little longer baking time. DELICIOUS! SHOW STOPPING! DECADENT!
Everyone loves, loves, loves this recipe - try it - you won't be disappointed!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >