Layered Mint Candies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease foil with butter.
- 2. Microwave 1 pound candy coating and chocolate chips until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread half into prepared pan, reserving half. Microwave remaining candy coating until melted; stir in extract and food coloring if desired. Stir in cream until smooth (mixture will be stiff). Spread over first layer; refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes. Warm reserved chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 3. Using foil, lift candy out of pan, then remove foil. Cut into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds (about 9-1/2 dozen).
1 each: 41 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Layered Mint Candies
"I have been making this candy for many years. It is always a favorite. I have varied the flavoring by using cherry, almond and orange - color accordingly."
"great recipe - I'd moved and couldn't find my copy & was really stressing till a friend sent me this link. I'd promised to make it for friends. This time it goes in my recipe box.Also good made with cherry instead of mint in the middle. Makes a very pretty display, not to mention very yummy."
"This candy is delicious however, it is very thin and not as thick as the picture shows.It is also not easy to cut as it breaks apart as you are cutting it."