Layered Mint Candies Recipe
These incredible melt-in-your-mouth candies have the perfect amount of mint nestled between layers of mild chocolate. Even when I make a double batch for everyone to enjoy, the supply never lasts long at Christmas!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt 1 pound candy coating and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread half into prepared pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- 3. Melt remaining candy coating; stir in extract and food coloring if desired. Stir in cream until smooth (mixture will be stiff). Spread over first layer; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- 4. Warm reserved chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 5. Lift out of the pan with foil and remove the foil. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds (about 9-1/2 dozen).
1 serving (1 each) equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC