Family and friends will dive into this delightful dip with an Italian flair. Black olives bring a bit of saltiness to the creamy layered mixture.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Baked pita chips
- Place beans in a large bowl; stir in pesto until blended. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In another bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper until smooth; layer over bean mixture. Sprinkle with vegetables, cheeses and olives. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with chips. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Layered Mediterranean Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p242
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Layered Mediterranean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review