Layered Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 carton (10 ounces) hummus
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Minced fresh parsley and additional minced fresh mint, optional
- PITA CHIPS:
- 20 pita pocket halves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer and cover with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the strained yogurt, cucumber, vinegar and mint.
- 2. Spread hummus in the bottom of a 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Layer with onion, peppers, feta cheese, olives, tomatoes and yogurt mixture. Top with parsley and additional mint if desired. Chill until serving.
- 3. Cut each pita half into three wedges; separate each wedge into two pieces. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Brush both sides with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve with dip. Yield: 5 cups (120 chips).
1/4 cup dip with 6 chips: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Layered Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer