- cottage cheese.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer 1
- cup meat sauce, a third of the macaroni mixture and a third of the
- cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 379 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.