Layered Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 1 medium head lettuce, torn
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. In a large salad bowl, layer in order the lettuce, parsley, eggs, tomatoes, peas, bacon, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, basil, salt and pepper. Carefully spread on top of salad. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 335 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Layered Lettuce Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.