This is a great-tasting salad that can be made for most any occasion. It looks so pretty for a buffet or on the dinner table. My family loves it.
- 1 medium head lettuce, torn
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a large salad bowl, layer in order the lettuce, parsley, eggs, tomatoes, peas, bacon, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, basil, salt and pepper. Carefully spread on top of salad. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Layered Lettuce Salad in Country Extra March 1995, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Layered Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review