- 1 medium head lettuce, torn
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a large salad bowl, layer in order the lettuce, parsley, eggs, tomatoes, peas, bacon, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, basil, salt and pepper. Carefully spread on top of salad. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Layered Lettuce Salad
Sort By :
All the layers in this salad make it pretty to serve. I really like the taste of the dressing on the top. I also like that all the ingredients can be tasted and enjoyed but none stands out more than the others. When I made it I left out the parsley layer.
Turned out fabulous. I received several compliments on this and will definitely will make again.
I use lettuce, fresh spinach, swiss cheese, peas, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and onion. Alternating layers. Very pretty presentation.
thank you taste of home, I had googled this and Kraft foods counld not come up with the recipe. Just got to love you Taste of Home.