- until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in
- water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until
- thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon
- juice, butter, lemon peel, extract and food coloring if desired.
- Cool to room temperature without stirring. Spread lemon mixture into
- crusts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Add pudding mix; beat 2 minutes
- longer. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gently spread
- into pies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over tops of
- pies. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2 pies (10 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 428 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.