Layered Lemon Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- SECOND LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- THIRD LAYER:
- 4-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 2 packages (2.9 ounces each) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- TOP LAYER:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream; spread over cooled crust.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup water, pudding mix, sugar, and egg yolks until smooth. Stir in the remaining water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon; cool. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over lemon layer. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 565 calories, 42 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.