- 3-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) lemon curd or 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- In a large bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Reserve half of mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream and extract until soft peaks form. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Gently spread lemon curd over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved cracker crumbs. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Freeze option: After assembling; cover and freeze dessert. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Layered Lemon Dessert Squares
"I used ginger snaps instead of graham crackers. Brown sugar instead of granulated white sugar, but, only 1/2 as much sugar as called for in recipe. Added I tsp ground cloves to the spice mixture. DELICIOUS and easy, no baking required. I am glad I found this recipe!"