Layered Lemon Dessert Cups Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of four 6-oz. custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crusts. Cover and chill. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Gently stir in the vinegar, lemon juice, butter and lemon extract. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 466 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Layered Lemon Dessert Cups
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.