- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water
- until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened
- and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove
- from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in the vinegar, lemon juice, butter and lemon extract.
- Cool to room temperature without stirring. Spread over cream cheese
- layer. Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 466 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.