- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, egg, butter and pecans. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely (as crust cools, it will fall in the center to form a shell).
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Stir in nutmeg and extract. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forLayered Ice Box Dessert
"Copy & paste, then you can print..."
"WHY CAN'T WE PRINT OUT RECIPES ANYMORE? DONNA"