Layered Hazelnut Cheesecake
A creamy topping accents each beautiful slice of the outstanding dessert shared by Leah Gamss of Spring Valley, New York. "It's spectacular-looking as well as scrumptious," she writes.
12 ServingsPrep: 1 hour 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the
- bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until
- smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter into thirds. Into one portion, stir in hazelnuts. Pour
- over crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Into second
- portion, gradually stir in melted chocolate. Spoon over bottom
- layer. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set.