Layered Ham and Spinach Salad Recipe
- 16 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place two-thirds of the spinach in a 4-qt. salad bowl. Sprinkle with half of the sugar, pepper and salt. Top with eggs, ham and remaining spinach. Sprinkle with remaining sugar, pepper and salt. Arrange onion slices on top.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the dressing mix, mayonnaise and sour cream. Spread over onions. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 516 calories, 45 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 997 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Layered Ham and Spinach Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.