This has been a go-to dish for me throughout the years. It's great as a side or can be served for a light lunch in lettuce cups, with warm crusty bread. —Angela Smith, Bluffton, South Carolina
- 10 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Brush corn with oil. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and pepper flakes. In a 2-qt. glass bowl, layer a third of each of the following: corn, tomatoes, onion and basil. Repeat layers twice. Pour dressing over top; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Grilled Corn Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Layered Grilled Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review