- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 envelope envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1-1/2 cups boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set juice aside. Stir pineapple into gelatin. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and whipped topping; set aside. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, bring the reserved pineapple juice to a boil; stir in dissolved unflavored gelatin. Add to the cream cheese mixture; mix well. Carefully spread over the chilled lemon layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in remaining cold water. Chill until partially set. Beat with a portable mixer until foamy. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p60
Reviews for Layered Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review