This colorful salad is a real eye-catcher, and it tastes as good as it looks. Fresh fruit is always a welcome side dish with a summer meal. The addition of oranges and grapefruit gives this salad a different twist. -Page Alexander, Baldwin City, Kansas
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or drained canned pineapple chunks
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium oranges, sectioned
- 1 medium grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the juices, sugar, peels and cinnamon stick; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, layer fruit in a glass serving bowl. Remove cinnamon stick from the sauce; pour sauce over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Layered Fruit Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p31
Reviews for Layered Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"cannot wait to try this!!! sounds awesum. a great side for those hot summer days"