Layered Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- FRUIT SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1. Place first six ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick.
- 2. Layer fruit in a large glass bowl. Pour juice mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, several hours. Yield: 12 servings
1 cup: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Layered Fresh Fruit Salad
"I've made this salad many times and people rave about it. My adult children request I bring it to family gatherings. I usually omit the grapefruit but put fresh blackberries on top of it. They really give it an elegant look."