Layered Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe
- CITRUS SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- FRUIT SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1. In a saucepan, bring all sauce ingredients to a boil; simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large clear glass salad bowl, arrange fruit in layers in order listed. Remove cinnamon stick from the sauce and pour sauce over fruit. Cover and refrigerate several hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 108 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Layered Fresh Fruit Salad
"I've made this salad many times and people rave about it. My adult children request I bring it to family gatherings. I usually omit the grapefruit but put fresh blackberries on top of it. They really give it an elegant look."