Layered Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe
- CITRUS SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- FRUIT SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1. In a saucepan, bring all sauce ingredients to a boil; simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large clear glass salad bowl, arrange fruit in layers in order listed. Remove cinnamon stick from the sauce and pour sauce over fruit. Cover and refrigerate several hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Layered Fresh Fruit Salad
"I've made this salad many times and people rave about it. My adult children request I bring it to family gatherings. I usually omit the grapefruit but put fresh blackberries on top of it. They really give it an elegant look."