Layered Fiesta Dip Recipe
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup each shredded reduced-fat cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine beans and chilies. Spread onto a 12-in. round serving platter. Combine the sour cream and taco seasoning; spoon and spread evenly over the bean mixture. Set aside.
- 2. In a food processor or blender, combine the peas, onion, lime juice, chili powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Spread evenly over sour cream layer. Sprinkle with cheeses, tomatoes and green onions. Serve with chips. Yield: 14 servings.
One serving (calculated without chips) equals 143 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Layered Fiesta Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.