"For a fun party dip, try this colorful version," suggests field editor Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska. "It's like guacamole, but with peas instead of avocado."
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup each shredded reduced-fat cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine beans and chilies. Spread onto a 12-in. round serving platter. Combine the sour cream and taco seasoning; spoon and spread evenly over the bean mixture. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the peas, onion, lime juice, chili powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Spread evenly over sour cream layer. Sprinkle with cheeses, tomatoes and green onions. Serve with chips. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Layered Fiesta Dip in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p17
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Layered Fiesta Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review