Layered Deli Loaf Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/3 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/3 pound sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and mustard. Cut bread in half. Carefully hollow out bottom and top of loaf, leaving 3/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spread butter on cut sides of bread.
- 2. In the shell, layer ham, a third of the mayonnaise mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, turkey, a third of the mayonnaise mixture, cheddar cheese, roast beef, remaining mayonnaise mixture, tomato, pickle, onion and lettuce.
- 3. Replace top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 474 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1541mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Layered Deli Loaf
"I have made this for parties many times over the last 11 years. Everyone enjoys! I don't think the original recipe had pickles in it though; I will continue to make without."
"When summer weather rolls around, my family's taste buds anticipate "The Big Round Sandwich." It's a great lunch for guests, too, as it looks amazing!"