Layered Creamy Taco Dip
Layered in a pizza pan, this taco dip makes a pretty presentation! "I prepared this yummy spread for birthday parties and family get-together," says Janet Vrieselaar of Rosedale, British Columbia. "It's wonderful spread on baked tortilla chips or low-fat crackers. I never seem to make enough—it's always the first appetizer to go."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and taco
- seasoning until smooth. Spread onto a 12-in. round serving plate.
- Spread with taco sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, green
- pepper, onions and tomato. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dip) equals 78 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.