Layered Cranberry Dessert Recipe
On occasion, I like to “fancy up” one of my favorite gelatin desserts with a buttery graham cracker crust and a layer of cream cheese filling. Mandarin oranges add color and pair well with the cranberry gelatin. —Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce and cold water until blended. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until set.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread filling over crust.
- 4. Fold oranges into gelatin mixture; spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; dollop with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Layered Cranberry Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC