- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce and cold water until blended. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread filling over crust.
- Fold oranges into gelatin mixture; spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; dollop with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Layered Cranberry Dessert
"Next time I will try this with non-whole cranberry sauce (the regular jelled kind), because the skins from the cranberries are kind of odd when you bite into one. Cranberry jello can be hard to find, but the Kraft website has a product locator--my local Walmart carried it. The crust gets gummy/sticky over time, but the taste is great and is liked by many people."
"After Thanksgiving Dad found the leftovers in the fridge and said "who made this it's delicious" and ate up all the leftovers. We will make it for him again this year!"
"The BEST cranberry recipe ever! People who have never tried cranberries should try this - it will be loved!"
"This dessert/jello salad was outstanding! Very simple to prepare and looked so pretty when served. I will be preparing this often!"
"Took longer than 45 minutes to set up, almost double. Carefully spoon over cream cheese mixture."
"I could not find cranberry gelatin so I used cherry. I may use more of the cranberry sauce next time. Great recipe! Thanks!"
"Could you make this with jellied cranberry sauce for someone that can't eat the whole cranberry sauce because of the seeds?Muffie"