Layered Crab Salad Recipe
I am a secretary at the University of Oregon. I love living in Oregon and enjoy cooking with the many foods available in this part of the country. Crabmeat is abundant here and makes a great company dinner.
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) fresh pea pods, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups chopped red peppers
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1-1/2 cups crabmeat or 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Sweet red pepper rings
- Fresh dill sprigs
- In a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer the lettuce, pea pods, chopped peppers, cucumber and crab. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and dill; spread over crab. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with pepper rings and dill. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Layered Crab Salad in Country June/July 1991, p51
Reviews for Layered Crab Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review