When the garden comes in, we harvest the veggies and layer them with cornbread and sweet relish for this snappy salad. Everyone wants seconds. —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
Recommended: 19 Reuben Recipes
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 8-in.-square baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Coarsely crumble corn bread into a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and relish.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer a third of the corn bread and half of each of the following: beans, tomatoes, pepper, onion, bacon and mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining corn bread. Refrigerate, covered, 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 14 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Layered Corn Bread Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Layered Corn Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review