Layered Coffee Ice Cream Dessert
Family and Friends won't believe it when you tell them this attractive layered dessert has only four ingredients. Our Test Kitchen home economists created this make-ahead recipe with your busy day in mind.
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 27 Oreo cookies, crushed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, fresh mint leaves, warm caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty
- foil. In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies and butter until
- crumbly. Press half of the cookie mixture into the prepared pan.
- Gently spread half of the ice cream over the crumbs. Freeze for 15
- Spread frosting over the top. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture
- and press down lightly. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Invert dessert onto
- a serving platter. Discard foil. Garnish with coffee beans and mint
- if desired. Cut into slices. Serve with caramel topping if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 456 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium,