Family and Friends won't believe it when you tell them this attractive layered dessert has only four ingredients. Our Test Kitchen home economists created this make-ahead recipe with your busy day in mind.
- 27 Oreo cookies, crushed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, fresh mint leaves, warm caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil. In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies and butter until crumbly. Press half of the cookie mixture into the prepared pan. Gently spread half of the ice cream over the crumbs. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread frosting over the top. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture and press down lightly. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Invert dessert onto a serving platter. Discard foil. Garnish with coffee beans and mint if desired. Cut into slices. Serve with caramel topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Coffee Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p76
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Layered Coffee Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review