Layered Coconut Bars
Folks will save room for dessert when these bars are part of the menu. They're chock-full of fun ingredients like chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Candied fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, combine butter and crumbs until crumbly. Press into
- an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate
- chips, walnuts and coconut. Pour milk over all. Bake at 350° for
- 25 minutes. Decorate with candied fruit if desired. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 278 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.