Layered Coconut Bars Recipe
Folks will save room for dessert when these bars are part of the menu. They're chock-full of fun ingredients like chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Candied fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, combine butter and crumbs until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. Pour milk over all. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Decorate with candied fruit if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Layered Coconut Bars in Country Woman November/December 1994, p37
Reviews for Layered Coconut Bars(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2010
Iwon't make this recipe. It sounded good until it got down to the candied fruit. The same item that gives fruit cake it's bad name.
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2010
Not as good as they look, but good for chocolate cravings and fast to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >