Layered Christmas Gelatin Recipe
Christmastime always means that this recipe comes out of my recipe box. The traditional holiday colors in this salad make the holiday table look so pretty.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- BERRY LAYER:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. Dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water; stir in pineapple juice. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish; refrigerate until set.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl. Beat in cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spread over lime layer; refrigerate until set.
- 3. Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
- 4. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped topping) equals 267 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Layered Christmas Gelatin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC