Layered Chocolate Pudding Dessert Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping, divided
- 2/3 cup cold 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and butter; press into an ungreased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 692 calories, 42g fat (25g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Layered Chocolate Pudding Dessert
"An old family favorite. Can be stacked to create a multi-tiered dessert. I use the sugar free pudding and sugar free cool whip"
"Nothing like it! Best dessert ever!"
"I have made this many times because it's easy, I can make it ahead of time and it tastes delicious. I do use a 5 oz cook and serve chocolate pudding though instead of the instant. I like the taste better. I cook it according to the directions and let it cool with plastic wrap sealed tightly over it to avoid a pudding 'skin' from forming. When it has cooled sufficiently I pour it over the cream cheese mixture. Then I spread with the remaining whipped topping. Just prior to serving I peel milk chocolate from a chocolate bar-forming chocolate curls and sprinkle them on top. It makes for a pretty presentation."
"This sounds and looks so yummy==BUT 692 CALORIES per serving is a lot==are you sure that is right??"
"Sounds great but I haven't made it yet. What's holding me back is 692 calories per serving. Can that be right?"