- 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 10 large marshmallows
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup butter; stir in 1/2 cup cocoa until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Beat in cocoa mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 3-4 minutes on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt peanut butter, uncovered, at 50% power for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir until peanut butter is blended. Spread peanut butter over warm brownies. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until peanut butter is set.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, remaining cocoa, marshmallows and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter and marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Layered Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies
"What an outstanding recipe! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us, but we went through them so quickly that I wished I would've made a whole batch! I can't wait to make them again!"
"So tasty! A little time consuming, but completely worth the wait!"
"Very good brownies, had to try them, when I saw it called for large marshmallows in the frosting."
"OMG! These brownies are fabulous. What a hit at my cookout."