Layered Chalupa Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Corn chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, finely chopped radishes and sweet onion, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, water, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce and hot sauce; heat through. Place corn chips on a large serving platter; top with beef mixture and toppings of your choice. Drizzle with tomato sauce mixture. Yield: 14 servings.
1 each: 216 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Layered Chalupa Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.