Pears are one of my favorite fruit so having them featured in this dessert is perfect. My family is delighted when I serve this dessert.—Darlia Schaefer, Lincoln, Arkansas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2-1/4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Additional caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour until blended. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and caramel topping until smooth. Spread evenly into crust. Arrange pear slices over filling. Combine the pecans, sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice; sprinkle over pears.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°; bake 12-16 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Remove sides of pan before slicing. Drizzle with additional caramel topping if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Layered Caramel-Pear Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p136
Reviews for Layered Caramel-Pear Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review