Layered Brownies Recipe
"I have always enjoyed cooking and baking," relates Sharon Miller from Elkhart, Indiana. "Now I have grandchildren that like to help me in the kitchen. These chocolaty bars are one of our favorites."
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, nuts, oil and egg until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 120 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Layered Brownies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC