A tasty brownie is the base for layers of cream cheese and chocolate pudding in this make-ahead dessert. —Muriel Ledeboer, Oostburg, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whipped topping and chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
- Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Layered Brownie Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p13
Reviews for Layered Brownie Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review