- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whipped topping and chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
- Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Layered Brownie Dessert
Sort By :
I got a lot of compliments on this dessert - loved the brownie base - a nice alternative to traditional graham cracker or shortbread crusts that I have made with other layered desserts. I did leave out the nuts, since I knew there were several in the group I was serving that didn't care for them. I have also made this using pistachio pudding. Wonderful recipe!
Very refreshing, easy, and inexpensive layered dessert. Everyone enjoyed it. Nice chewy brownie layer.
I made this dessert over the summer for our family Fourth of July gathering and several of my relatives are still calling and asking me to make it for them again!